Senior Policy Advisor
Secretary of Health and Human Services Under Governor Charlie Baker
- The Commonwealth’s longest-serving Secretary.
- Oversaw 12 state agencies and the MassHealth program, with a budget of over $27 billion and 22,000 public employees.
- Led programs that provide treatment, care, and support to one in every three Massachusetts residents.
- Overhauled Medicaid into a population-based health program.
- Negotiated two multi-billion-dollar Medicaid demonstration waivers.
- Instituted systemic child welfare reforms
- Spearheaded significant investments in behavioral health including the implementation of the Behavioral Health RoadMap and resolving two longstanding judicial consent decrees involving children’s mental health and acquired brain injury services.
- Chaired the state’s marketplace for health and dental insurance.
- Served on the Commonwealth’s Health Policy Commission as an inaugural member.
- Sudders never forgets that behind the numbers are the lives of individuals, families, and communities in need of respect and support.
- She is a social worker committed to the health and well-being of Massachusetts residents, including addressing equity and reforming behavioral health care.
- Sudders led the state’s COVID-19 pandemic response and advanced critical public health interventions and human service strategies to meet the needs of all Massachusetts residents. According to The Commonwealth Fund’s 2022 Scorecard on State Health Performance, Massachusetts and Hawaii vastly surpassed all other states in its COVID response.
- Served as the Massachusetts Commissioner of Mental Health as a non-profit CEO.
- Served as associate professor and program chair at Boston College’s School of Social Work.
- Recipient of many civic, social work, and professional honors.
Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology
Bridgewater State University
It is a privilege to bring my experience working in the various health and human service sectors to this extraordinary group of trusted and effective client advisors.